Starting a New Business is Exciting
Here is a checklist on starting a new business in the Carolinas. Have suggestions? Contact us!
Coming Up With An Idea
- Something that is meaningful to you
- Something that is short and sweet for people to remember
- Something memorable
- Something not taken 🙂
Registering Your Business Name
- Visit city call
- Search for your wanted name
- Register your business name with the records department
- Create an EIN online with the federal government
Incorporating or Forming an LLC
- Register with the secretary of state
Creating a Business Plan
- What is your mission?
- What is your purpose?
- What is your goal in 1 year? 2 years? 3 years?
- What will you sell?
- How much will you sell it for?
- What are your costs?
- What is your market like?
- How many potential customers could you get?
- What is your marketing plan?
- Do you need investors or loans?
Your First Website
- Develop a website using WordPress
- Find a real SEO agency that does good work
- See if you can get a steady stream of traffic
- Make it easy for people to sign up
- Re-invest in your site when you know its working for you